The Tropic Star Experience
The phenomenal fishing and our world class hotel in a remote jungle setting are not the only things that Tropic Star Lodge® has to offer our guests. Escape everyday life and relax in harmony with the unspoiled environment & activities found all over the grounds.
We offer kayaks to explore the bay and surrounding coastline. Hike or take a panga boat ride to our pristine white sand beach where you can swim, snorkel or just relax. Hike our jungle trails up the mountainside and soak in the spectacular topside view. Or, maybe just hang out and relax with a massage.
Special arrangements can be made to visit a nearby Indian villages where you can purchase or trade for hand woven baskets, wood and tagua carvings, beads and other Indian crafts.
Traditional Indian Dances are normally performed during your visit. And let's not forget, you can float your cares away in our fresh water swimming pool, or take some sun on the deck while being pampered by our friendly staff. The pool bar provides a great opportunity unwind, get to know your fellow anglers and share fish stories.
Whale watching has become a great visual experience at Tropic Star Lodge®. July-September marks the peak season for their migration trek, with encounters increasing every season.
Bird watching can be done from your own porch. A favorite is watching the weaver birds make their nests in the swaying palm trees. Tropical butterflies and bright colored hummingbirds can be seen off your own porch.
According to Marlin Magazine: "The Lodge itself was a wonder. Secluded by its jungle location, it was the picture of comfortable isolation - feasting on first class dining and cooled by the Lodge's pool at day's end, the effect was that of spending a glorious week at a country club.”
- PaddleboardingEnjoy paddle boarding, kayaking, and canoeing along the coastal waters or up the Piñas River.
- PoolFloat your cares away in our fresh water swimming pool, or take some sun on the deck while being pampered by our friendly staff.
- Playa BlancaRelax on this beautiful and peaceful white beach with it's pristine turquoise waters; rich with coral banks that are ideal for snorkeling
- Snail KiteA bird of tropical marshlands, the Snail Kite is specialized hawk that feeds primarily on snails
- MothBeautiful moths and butterfly come to lodge.
- CrabOne of the many beach combers that you will find.
- DancersGuest at the Tropic Star Lodge are entertained nightly at the pool side.
- HummingbirdThese delicate little birds can be found all around the lodge.
- LizardLook carefully, as many visitors to the lodge are hiding in plain sight.
- MassageRelax with a soothing massage during your stay. Great for those sore muscles you get fighting the big fish.
- Bird watchingSee a multitude of birds like these parrots right from the porch. Macaws and other colorful birds abound on the island.
- Ping-pongEnjoy a spirited game of ping pong. Great way to wind down from a long day of fishing.
- Dining outFeel like dining out? Enjoy a sumptuous meal pool side. Local dancers will entertain you while our chefs prepare a delicious meal for your to enjoy.
- Local craftsTrade for hand woven baskets, carvings, beads, and other Indian crafts.
- WaterfallA hike from the lodge along a jungle path will take you to a breathtaking waterfall. Enjoy a dip in the cool clear waters of the fall.
- Whale watchingHumpbacks whales from both the northern and southern hemispheres come to breed and give birth. Also Orcas and a varied of different dolphins common...