TROPIC STAR LODGE and PANAMA During Covid 19
The lodge officially reopened on the 14th of November.
Tropic Star Lodge is ready and waiting to receive our guests! Health and Safety measures according to the CDC will be followed and applied for guests and staff.
- In order to enter Panama, you will need to have a negative COVID-19 test result, with the test having been taken within 48 hours of your arrival. Testing is provided at the airport, but we strongly recommend taking the test BEFORE leaving your home country.
- Your test result will need to be no older than 72 hours at the time of arrival at the lodge. If you are spending more than 1 night in Panama City, please be sure to advise our reservations team.
- As of January 26th, you will need a negative test result to re-enter the United States. We have partnered with a reputable laboratory to provide you with testing at the private hangar on your return from the lodge. The cost for the test is $75, and should be paid as part of your bill at the Lodge during checkout.
Lockdowns do not affect international travel, and Lodge facilities and fishing will continue as per normal, the Province that the lodge is in is not in lockdown.
- In the city however, weekends are lockdown days, applicable to everybody.
- This means that unfortunately, you will need to stay in your Panama City hotel if your overnight falls within these dates.
- You will still be able to be transported by our drivers, and all transfers will continue as normal.
- On the days that Panama is not in full lockdown, you will be able to explore the city during the day.
- There is, however still a curfew from 9:00 PM to 4:00 AM on non-lockdown days, so restaurants will be closing at 8:00 PM.
- On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only men will allowed into stores, and on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only women are allowed into stores. This is because shopping days are split by gender.
- Hotel facilities will still be open until 8:00 PM and room service is open until around 9:00 PM (depending on the hotel).
- Our drivers will have your names and details on our manifest, and will be able to move around between hotels and airports.
Flight Tickets: Please have both arrival and departure tickets printed out for your arrival.
NEGATIVE COVID-19 Tests: Please make sure they are the official copy, that they are printed out and have the medical facilities stamp on them, these cannot be handwritten.
We are continuing to take care of the community of Piñas Bay providing food, medication and hygiene products to everybody. We would like to thank those of you who have donated, and continue to donate, to the village for the emergency relief fund. Everybody relies on fishing tourism.
Tropic Star wishes good health to you all and we can’t wait to see you back at the lodge!